Breast Cancer Early Detection
The emergence of a lump in the breast area may indicate the possibility of a type of breast cancer. But not all lumps mean cancer because they have to be examined further for certainty in the hospital or doctor. Another indication of breast cancer is a lump in the armpit, breast pain, change in color or texture of the breast, nipple interested in, the areola (the area around the nipple brown), or on the nipple. In some cases, breast cancer is detected from the discharge from the nipple are yellowish, greenish or purulent.
The key to survival is to detect breast cancer early, before she has a chance to spread. One cause of high mortality from the disease caused by a lack of awareness to detect symptoms that exist. Generally, after arriving at the heavy grievances, new patient consults a doctor who often means the cancer is in an advanced stage. Therefore, when the disease has reached an advanced stage, it will be difficult to heal.
Breast Cancer Self Exam
For society, especially women can perform breast cancer examinations on a regular basis, then made a movement which stands for “Breast Self-Check.” It is recommended that the examination was performed 1 month after the period of approximately 4-7 days after menstruation.
In this examination, the thing to do is:
- Stand in front of a mirror with your shoulders straight and your hands at waist. See if there are physical changes your breast, such as changes in shape, size or color of the breast.
- Lift your arms up and consider again whether there are physical changes in the breast that appears.
- Press the nipples and see if there is discharge from the nipple.
- Lie down and touch the right breast with his left hand and so forth. Create a pattern of play and feel if there are lumps in the breast and other.
- When sitting or standing try to massage the breast to find whether there is a suspicious lump. Touch armpit area to the stomach to check it out.