The Miracle of the Tears When We Cry
Yesterday, I felt I wanted to cry. Just for no reason, I wanted to cry out loud. It felt like something was blocking up my heart and my mind. But I didn’t know what it was. The only one I knew, at that time, I just wanted to cry. Because I was at the place that I thought there was no right for me to cry (ethically), I tried to keep myself to hold the tears back. But I can’t. My heart and my mind cannot hold it.
Drop by drop, the tears fell down my cheeks. I was crying. I knew people around me were surprised by it. But, again, I just wanted to cry. Until a few moments later, I stopped crying. Right after that, I felt too much better. That something blocking up was gone. I didn’t know why, from that experience, I just drew a conclusion that crying is not something wasting time. I considered it as a kind of self problem solving, indeed. Then I searched on the internet about crying and tears and I found that tears has some benefit, medically and psychologically, more than I knew before.
2. Killing microbes. Tears are a kind of disinfectant that can be killing microbes just on 5 minutes.
3. Increasing mood. Crying can decrease the depression’s level.
4. Removing toxin. Biochemists, William Frey had done some studies about tears. He found that when we are crying, the tears out brings the toxin.
5. Reducing stress. Other than toxin, tears also bring stress hormone, endorphins leucine-enkaphalin and prolactine.
6. Comforting the feeling. Right after crying, the limbic system, also the brain and heart would be free and it makes a person feel better and relieved.